Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Frozen Shoulder.
Frozen Shoulder. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:21 pm Reply with quote
ROB
Pictures: 0

Hi all,

Has anyone any advice / experience of treatment for Frozen Shoulder in the Larnaca area. Either private or 'HNS' ?

All help appreciated.

Rob.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy,”
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote
contrarymary

Not alot can be done now for a frozen shoulder, it will get better on its own, mine is alot better now,

Blondes are intelligent
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

If you can find a good physio the shoulder should respond to treatment.
There are two different types of frozen shoulder so the treatment is different for each type.
Sometimes they will get better on their own, but it could take a while.
Sometimes the shoulder will not appear to respond at all, then they will attempt cortisone injections.
If still no response, the final resort is manipulation under anasthetic. They don't like to do that as it could cause more damage to the joint.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:40 am Reply with quote
pal
Membership Closed

Have you tried putting it out in the sun for a while! (sorry, couldnt help that one)

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 6:53 am Reply with quote
ROB

Thanks to everyone for the advice.

Pal, I can see you must still be 'young'.
Rolling Eyes

Rob.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy,”

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote
michael. w.

Hi Rob

I know what you are suffering, and its definately no "JOKE"

I am suffering with a frozen shoulder for the past month myself,
and my physio said that there is very little he could do to help it but he has refered me to have acupuncture , there is no quick cure but the acupuncture is supposed to help with the pain, failing that its an injection in to the joint itself Sad
my physio said it will have to go thru its course and that could take up to a year !! but the pain will get easier, try and keep as much mobility in your arm movement as possible, use Movalat and a heat cushion

mike

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote
pal
Membership Closed

At heart, but thank you anyway.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Hatzy

Hi Rob and all who wrote in.

Being a fully qualified complementary therapist myself I'm always interested in what other methods / therapies there are for the public to use and whom I can recommend my clients to go to.

The Bowen Technique has shown excellent results with frozen shoulders. You'll find oodles on the net about it. One of the reasons why it works with frozen shoulders, tennis elbows etc is because the therapy releases the memory of a trauma within the tissue fluids with the small rolling movement of the muscle. Its' very effective.

We have about 5-6 bowen therapists on the island, mostly in the Limassol and Nicosia area. A lady I work with, Barbara Jones, comes to Larnaca occassionally, so you could get a treatment from her. She's very well trained.

Google her for her websites or send me an email for more info.

Regards Hatzy

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Frozen Shoulder. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines