Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » District nurses in Paralimni?
District nurses in Paralimni? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quote
ioannis
Pictures: 0

Hello everyone I am Ioannis and I've decided to post this after the recent events with Bill , Mary and Ian. Whilst Bill was given excellent medical treatment at Famagusta Hospital, once he was discharged there was no after care.

Fortunately I read about his situation on the Eastern Cyprus and was able to offer my services.

This has highlighted the fact that there are no District Nurses available in Cyprus and was wondering whether there are any English Nurses/Carers on the Forum that would be interested in trying to set up a District Nursing Service.

I would be pleased to hear from anyone who may be interested, or for any comments or ideas you may have.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:19 am Reply with quote
Buddy

That's a fantastic idea Ioannis. I wish you luck and hope lots of nurses/carers come forward.

Sue

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quote
contrarymary

I can guarantee that the care that Ioannis gives is absolutely superb, thanks very much for all you are doing for us Ioannis, he is a very caring man.

Blondes are intelligent
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quote
caligi

What happened on here just highlights the need for carers/nurses etc..
Its something that I had never even thought about!
Good idea - especially if run on an agency basis.
I know that many 'locals' employ carers from third world countries.. I wonder if 'foreigner' retirees would be allowed to do this..err I think not!
At the end of the day with the amount of retirees here maybe not at the moment but many in the future will require some sort of help/nursing.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quote
paulinecooper

Hi Ioannis

Yes very interested in the idea. Can you email me please.

Pauline
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail AIM Address Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:10 am Reply with quote
cinders-42

Hi Everyone

|There is a service now up and running run by qualified uk trained nurses and care givers. This is a group of both Cypriot and British staff who have the backing of the local clinics and doctors I am sure this will serve the comunity very well and this group will be fully working by the end of next week if you would like more info email me on [Edit: Click Email Icon]
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:28 pm Reply with quote
michamiaw

cinders-42 wrote:
Hi Everyone

|There is a service now up and running run by qualified uk trained nurses and care givers. This is a group of both Cypriot and British staff who have the backing of the local clinics and doctors I am sure this will serve the comunity very well and this group will be fully working by the end of next week if you would like more info email me on [Edit: Click Email Icon]

I couldn t contact you through e mail but am a nurse from eu country and registered here as first level nurse.I live in larnaca area I don t know if this service covers that area. Please e mail me Edit: Click Email Icon
Thanks

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quote
JimPernera
Pictures: 8

Hi All, is there a problem with publicising this service here on the boards instead of having to email someone. When someone needs the service it will be a lot easier if the details are here, and then they can make the contact. Regards, Jim.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:47 am Reply with quote
ioannis

there isnt a service running through here I just made a suggestion but nobody seems to respond despite the agreement

Post: #10   PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote
JimPernera

Hi Cinders42, can you post details of the service you are quoting on this thread please? Regards, Jim.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:46 am Reply with quote
ioannis

JimPernera wrote:
Hi Cinders42, can you post details of the service you are quoting on this thread please? Regards, Jim.

I think this would be considered advertising!!!
Jim she had posted the details on this thread but Steve excuded them due to the above mentioned reason.
Message for Steve (SJD) 
Post: #12   PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:09 am Reply with quote
JimPernera

Hi Steve, can you give an explanation on this one please.

This is obviously a service that people would want to use when the need occurred, and is currently not available.

Remember a little while back Cardiff Lad was needing just such a service.

If the details were here with contacts surely the service and need of members would override any free advertising that was read into it. This is not a normal service where there is competition for it, like pool maintenance etc.

Hopefully most of us will not use it, but when you need it, you would need it fairly quickly.

What are your thoughts on this one?

Thanks and regards, Jim.

Post: #13   PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote
andyandcaz

Hello everyone.
I am re-opening this post after quite a gap in communication, my wife & I came over to Cyprus last year & liked it very much, we also have family moving to Sotira in the future.
We are studying the work situation & my wife is a dedicated person who has the ability & attitude to do the care work, she has worked in a care home in the uk. I am a qualified First aid instructor.
Is there anything more set up in the area regarding carer work/agency.
If not is there still interest in forming some sort of agency.
Please get back to me by e-mail or more postings.

All the best to everyone

Andy & Carol

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

any updates re this thread?

Post: #15   PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:02 am Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Hi Deanna... I'm now back in the UK Crying or Very sad but picked up a leaflet somewhere about someone offering Respite Care in the Paralimni area by the day or hour. I think I left it in the flat, otherwise it's in the suitcases somewhere!

Marion

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:06 am Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Ok Marion. Can wait till you come back - only asked out of interest.
But thanks for your response.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:41 pm Reply with quote
Toothfairy

We have just had a leaflet thro the door about a british rgn operating a district nurse service all over the famagusta area.
I have kept her number if anyone wants it email me..on the leaflet, she charges from 8.50 euros for a consultation...
Gill
District nurses in Paralimni? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines