Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » The Captains Table in Ziggy 5 Star prices 1 Star Service
The Captains Table in Ziggy 5 Star prices 1 Star Service 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote
cyprus-dodger
Pictures: 0

Went to the Captains Table Fish Restaurant in Ziggy yesterday on recomendation from friends, thankfully they did not come with us as they would have been very embaressed.

My wife and I ordered Sqid and Garlic Mushrooms with a Greek Salad as the starter followed by Grilled Salmon with Prawns for my wife and as I am not a great fish lover I ordered a Fillet Steak medium cooked with a garlic sauce, the menu stated all veg was fresh.

Our meal would be accompanied with a bottle of Othello Vintage Red wine with a botle of water.

Sounds fantastic don't it - well from the moment we sad down and placed the order everything went downhill.

The table was not laid with all the necessary bits and bob's, we had to ask for plates as they delivered the Greek Salad without them, no serviettes were on the table, no salt and pepper, along came some bread and lemons, the manager then plonked the wine down on the table unopened and went off somewhere - bearing in mind this restaurant boasts a 5 star style restaurant, at this stage I am not happy, fianally another waiter passed and noticed the wine unopened and opened it.

We sat for a further 45/50 mins having eaten the Greek Salad looking forward to the squid and mushrooms, along then comes another waiter with the main course and plonked it down on the side of the table infront of the wrong person and did not attempt to clear the salad plates and bowl away and walked off - stand back light the blue touch paper I just exploded with anger they tutted a bit cleared the plates asked what they should do now and still left the mains on the side of the table infront of the wrong person and walked.

Appetite now completely ruined I asked for the manager to ask about the starters, he did not arrive, I asked again no show, ok I thought I will play your game.

The Fillet Steak did not have the Garlic Sauce and was as dry as old boots and as for the veg, 75% were from the freezer.

I asked for the manager a total of 6 times to attend my table and explain and he refused to come, he said if I had a complaint I should go to his office, this message was relayed to me via the head waiter George who was as angry with the reaction of the manager as I was.

My wife's Salmon was very good and well cooked but let down by the frozen vegatables.

I told the head waiter to remove my meal with the Fillet Steak pretty well intact with a message to the manager that I would refuse to pay the bill and would be happy if they called the police.

The total bill was over 120.00 and was told by the head waiter that the manager was sorry and that I would not have to pay anything but refused to come to the table.

My wife nice and full and myself in need of something to eat we left vowing never to go to The Captain's Table in Ziggy again.

I may hear some of you saying it's a Fish Restaurant so don't order Meat, it was not only about the dry steak it was the general attiude and very poor service towards customers.

My last comment 5 Star prices and reputation but 1 Star Service.

dodger
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks
Pictures: 0

That's grim. On a positive note I went to Campanario,opposite Metro last week. The Steaks were the best I have ever tasted and the service impeccable.
Thoroughly recommend this establishment.
Expect to pay about 40 euro each for two courses with drinks and wine.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
The Captains Table in Ziggy 5 Star prices 1 Star Service 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area