Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Accident advice required
Accident advice required 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Smiter
Pictures: 0

As some of you know my son is currently in Cyprus, he came out on 28th April to work for One Stop. Tonight he has had an accident with a window in his apartment and cut his left wrist badly. The A&E department numbed it to stitch it then decided to check for nerve damage but of course he couldnt' feel anything so he had been admitted and going to theatre tomorrow to sort it out. He has an EHIC (well he had but he's lost it). I'm contacting the lost card number tomorrow when they open. I need to know if this will cover him for his treatment? The last thing he needs is a huge medical bill. He has worked for 6 months at a time in Cyprus for the last couple of years, coming home and working in the UK for the other 6 months. I'm not sure if One Stop pay his tax etc for him or if he is classed as self employed when he is there.

any advice will be gratefully received.

Thanks
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:36 am Reply with quote
pav
Pictures: 17

phone one stop and ask them if they are paying his social insurance contribution.
paul.

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:53 am Reply with quote
LynSab
Pictures: 1

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/Pages/Workingabroad.aspx

This link might help but I understood that even as a visitor it will cover him for three months anyway. I would think just find out his card number and give it to hospital.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:59 am Reply with quote
Elizavet
Pictures: 6

When I had an accident and had to visit Paralimni hospital , I did not have my card on me at the time, it was in the U.K. they just asked for my passport and doctors details.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:53 am Reply with quote
Smiter

LynSab wrote:
http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/Pages/Workingabroad.aspx

This link might help but I understood that even as a visitor it will cover him for three months anyway. I would think just find out his card number and give it to hospital.

This is what I am hoping to do, the place opens in 5 mnutes. I only hope that they will give me the information, with all this data protection stuff.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote
Smiter

Help what is the phone number for Parlimni hospital? I'm hoping that's where he is I need their fax number.

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:46 am Reply with quote
Steve - SJD
Site Admin
Site Admin
Pictures: 55

Smiter wrote:
Help what is the phone number for Parlimni hospital? I'm hoping that's where he is I need their fax number.

I was speaking to one of the One Stop guys last night and they had said
that he had originally gone to the Famagusta hospital but then had to
go to a hospital in Larnaca for treatment.

I am not aware of how it ended up or what happened after but they
definately said he had to be taken to Larnaca.

HTH

Cheers

Steve

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:08 am Reply with quote
Smiter

Thank you Steve, ok what is the number for Larnaca hospital? Anyone?

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote
Smiter

ARGGGGGGGGg sheer frustration. I've spoken to the hospital and they say he isnt there, but he is cause I've just spoken to One Stop and one of the other drag queens and he's definately in Larnaca.

I hate being this far away.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:04 am Reply with quote
Smiter

I found him, they transferred him to St Raphaels but he has been assured that his E?HIC will cover him, now trying to get through to NHS place to sort things out Taking ages to get through, typical.

Oh and he severed nerves but they have fixed him and hes going to be ok for hairdressing Mary.
Accident advice required 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines