Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Recommendations please - medical!
Recommendations please - medical! 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay
Pictures: 0

Just been back to see Dr.Ahmad at The Protaras Medical Centre.He actually listens to you and discusses symptoms in a very conversational way.Time is not a problem and he encouraged us to ring him on his mobile if there was a problem.He didn't encourage us to pay a second visit but my wife was so pleased with his attitude she wanted to speak to him again re osteoathritiis and trapped nerve in thigh area.
He charged 40 euros for the initial consult and our second visit was 30 euros.
Heading for Ayia Napa turn left at the first set of lights in Protaras - travel along the strip about two hundred yards -stop when you are almost at the first fountain.Thisve travel is on the left and there is a taxi rank on the right. The Medical Centre is above Thisve Travel.
Tel. 23833172
Mob. 99684477

He is not a rip off merchant!!

Cheers,
Campbell.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Anne-Marie
Pictures: 3

Hi Campbell,

We also see an excellent doctor in Pervolia called Dr Michalis. He is very thorough and spends as much time with you as necessary. My husband suffered a slight paralysis to his face and we first went to St Raphael Hospital in Larnaca. They just offered him a prescription for antibiotics and said to return if it got any worse. The following day my mother suggested he visits Dr Michalis which he did and the doctor immediately diagnosed the problem and put my husband at ease. He was prescribed a course of steroids and referred to a physiotherapist. Luckily, due to the quick diagnosis and treatment he made a full recovery. Dr Michalis only charged 13 euros per visit. Highly Recommended !!!!!!

Anne-Marie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Anne-Marie
Pictures: 3

Hi,

Just wondering if an Allan Mcintosh is a forum member, as I have received an email not via the forum, but referenced 'Doctor'. So I thought he may have just read this thread and wanted the Doctors contact number.

Sorry to 'rattle on' but I do not open e'mails from unknown sources and therefore haven't a clue who or what it relates to Rolling Eyes

So Allan Mcintosh if you are out there, can you contact me via the link below or post on this forum. Laughing

Cheers

Anne-Marie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:34 am Reply with quote
anita
Pictures: 0

I would like to recommend Dr Koulas at the Santa Marina, hubby went to see him the other day about a lump on his back & put his mind at rest. Told him if he wanted it out 250 in out same day & 4 days off work. Didn't charge him for the visit. Very Happy Very Happy

Post: #5   PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:12 am Reply with quote
JimPernera
Pictures: 8

Hi All, we have used Dr Ahmed for nearly 7 years now, and fully agree with Campbells' post.
We have had to call him out on several occasions, and he has even come out to us at 1am on a Sunday morning! I do not know of another Doctor that would come out! but there are probably others. His wife is also a pharmacist a couple of shops from his practice.

Regards to all, Jim.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines