Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Calling all Menopausal Ladies - Have you heard of LadyCare?
Calling all Menopausal Ladies - Have you heard of LadyCare? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote
MarsdenCuckoo
Pictures: 0

Just wanting to pass the word around about this - to any lady, who is struggling with the menopause, this is deffo worth a try!

Advertised recently in the Daily Mail as under:

A friend of mine insisted I try it and got to say am glad I did.

Sorry, thought the image would say it all. No matter - this is actually a magnet, which you wear in your undies, and has amazing effects. 19.95 from selected stores of Boots, Lloyds Pharmacy and Waitrose. Also available to order on-line at www.ladycare-uk.com

Christine
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Tina Torment

Have just apparently been told about this. Isn't it a magnet that you put inside your knickers or am I truly being wound up? The lady who told me is a great pratical joker lol!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

I suppose this proves there is a positive side to wearing knickers. Laughing

Post: #4   PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

I feel myself being attracted to them-

C'mon - there MUST be a few laughs in this!!

Cheers,
Campbell Wink

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:38 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

You'd need one down each leg. one in your fluff catcher and maybe one somehwre else....

Post: #6   PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote
kipper889
Pictures: 5

Could help with 'pole' dancing. Confused

Post: #7   PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Astra

Should make airport security checks more interesting.................

Tiny magnet that soothes the misery of menopause
Last updated at 12:48 20 March 2007

* Comments (15)
* Add to My Stories

menopause magnet amber valentine

Amber Valentine thanks the LadyCare magnet for her newfound lease on life

A tiny magnet not much bigger than a 50p piece could ease away the symptoms of the menopause.

Tests on hundreds of women have shown that the LadyCare magnet can relieve symptoms from anxiety and mood swings to hot flushes and memory problems.

Many of the volunteers also lost weight, with some shedding more than a stone after wearing the magnet under their clothes for three months.

Nyjon Eccles, the Harley Street physician who led the study, believes the 19 gadget will prove popular with women who are reluctant to take HRT because of its links to breast cancer, heart disease and strokes, for example.

"We know that HRT is associated with risks of various kinds, so if there is a way of reducing symptoms that is cheap and effective, why not?" he said.

He added that while it was unclear how the magnet works, it is possible it raises levels of the female sex hormones that fall during the change of life.

Some 508 women who were going through the menopause were asked to attach a LadyCare magnet to their underwear, day and night, for three months.

Every woman experienced some benefit, with symptoms such as anxiety, mood swings, fatigue, sleeping problems, incontinence and breast tenderness being reduced by up to 70 per cent.

Hot flushes, night sweats and irritability improved by a third, as did loss of libido and lapses in concentration. In addition, one in five of the women lost weight.

Previous studies have shown that magnetic therapy can ease period pain and speed up wound healing.

Last year, a fleecy "wrap" made by Magnopulse, the company behind LadyCare, became available on the NHS as a treatment for leg ulcers, after trials showed it cleared up the ulcers quicker than the compression bandages usually prescribed.

It is thought the magnets affect the body in several ways, speeding up wound healing by improving circulation and easing pain by interfering with the nerve signals that pass information about discomfort to the brain.

In LadyCare?s case, the magnetic field may boost levels of oestrogen and progesterone. Falling levels of the hormones, which are produced by the ovaries, are responsible for many menopause symptoms.

Amber Valentine had tried everything from evening primrose oil to HRT to ease her passage through the menopause.

But interrupted sleep, night sweats, weight gain and depression continued to make her life a misery.

So, when she spotted an advert for recruits for the LadyCare trial, she felt she had nothing to lose. A month later, many of her symptoms had eased considerably.

The 48-year-old, from North London, said: "The first thing I noticed was that I could sleep ? that was the main thing. And the sweats lessened ? I was still getting them, but they were not nearly as bad."

Now, a year after first starting to wear the powerful magnet, Amber has lost much of the weight she put on when the menopause started.

She said: "I definitely advise other women to give it a go. It will reduce the symptoms, even if it doesn't alleviate them completely, and that must make life much easier.

"If women knew about this, they wouldn't have to suffer in silence."

Dr Eccles, who plans another trial, says: "There is no doubt the menopause can be a challenging time for women.

"The LadyCare device may prove to be one of the greatest natural solutions for alleviating symptoms."

However, many doctors remain sceptical about the benefits. Research published in the British Medical Journal concluded that any healing effect is likely to be minimal, and can be explained by patients believing in the power of the treatment rather than it really working.

Magnopulse: 0800 977 5080 or visit www.menopauseuk.com

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote
MarsdenCuckoo

Tina Torment wrote:
Have just apparently been told about this. Isn't it a magnet that you put inside your knickers or am I truly being wound up? The lady who told me is a great pratical joker lol!

Deffo no joke and, yes, that's what it is. Incredible, I know; I was sceptical too but all I can say is don't knock it until you've tried it. Anyone suffering from the menopause would be nuts not to!

Christine

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Santorini Paul 1

You will have to find somewhere else for your laptop!!!

Paul.

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:13 pm Reply with quote
bromerzz

If a man used it would it stick to non ferous nuts?

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:46 pm Reply with quote
tannis

Laughing Laughing Laughing now now boys, serious stuff this

Tracey x

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Tina Torment

Come on wor Tracey, admit it.....have you tried one???

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:25 pm Reply with quote
mortzicia

Is it right that this little magnet turns you into a a skinny sex-goddess with an excellent memory then?

Sounds like the ideal gift for Mothers Day.........

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote
tannis

Tina Torment wrote:
Come on wor Tracey, admit it.....have you tried one???

Good God Pray no way, stick a magnet down me draws, my luck i'd have all the nutters drawn to me. Fortunatley ive sailed thro it all, all by myself, i dont believe in all these remedies, i am an 'au natural' girlie, let nature run its course. Tony might have a lot of dints in his head off the frying pan, but hey ho thats life Wink

Tracey x

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Campbell Findlay

Tony has also got a BIG CRANE!!

Campbell Razz Razz

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote
Tina Torment

Ahh, it's all clear now Tracey. Having read Campbell's comment I can see why you would avoid that magnet if Tony has such a big...erm....crane lol! Wink

Eeek! Hils, just had a mental picture of my mother turning in to a skinny sex goddess after using one of those magnets....yuk! Oh hell, she never remember where she had last placed that magnet anyway!

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:43 am Reply with quote
angelaI

Best PMT Question Ever
Q: How many women with PMT does it take to change a light
bulb?
Woman's Answer:
One!
ONLY ONE!!!! And do you know WHY? because no one else in this f***n house knows HOW to change a f***n light bulb! They
don't even know that the f***n bulb is BURNED OUT!! They would sit in the dark for THREE f***n DAYS before they figured it out.
And, once they figured it out, they wouldn't be able to find the god damned light bulbs despite the fact that they've been in the SAME CABINET for the past 17 YEARS! But if they did, by some miracle of God, actually find them, 2 DAYS LATER, the f***n chair they dragged to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME f***n SPOT!!!!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE WRAPPER
THE FREAKING LIGHT BULBS CAME IN!!! BECAUSE NO F**er EVER PICKS UP OR CARRIES
OUT THE GARBAGE!!!! IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATEDFROM THE F***N PILES OF GARBAGE THAT

ARE A FOOT DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE F***N HOUSE!!
IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS PLACE! AND
DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON WHO CHANGES
THE F***N TOILET PAPER ROLL !!

I'm sorry.

What was the question?

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote
tannis

Campbell Findlay wrote:
Tony has also got a BIG CRANE!!

Campbell Razz Razz

Laughing Laughing ive now got this vision in my head of Tony driving along with women stuck all over his crane!!!! He'll think he's a babe magnet Rolling Eyes

Tina are you going to buy one??

Tracey x
Calling all Menopausal Ladies - Have you heard of LadyCare? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines