Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries » Jacqui & Allan (musn't grumble) - Moving Diary
Jacqui & Allan (musn't grumble) - Moving Diary 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Jacs
Pictures: 6

Hi all, We had been to Cyprus on holiday a few times and really liked the friendliness there. Sadly my mum and dad passed away and I was left some money. It sat in the bank for ages as I didn't want to spend it as I felt it wasn't mine.
We had talked about a holiday home abroad and couldn't decide wether it be Spain Cyprus or Malta. After quite a bit of research we discounted Spain. Then we made a list each as to pro's and con's for Cyprus and Malta and yes you've guessed Cyprus won. We were over in June 06 for 2 weeks and decided to view some properties. After quite a few viewings we found our dream apartment. We did not want to buy on a complex as we knew that one day we would move out lock stock and barrel, so we have got an apartment in a more residential area in Kapparis. From the time we put in offer and had the keys was a nail biting time. Allan kept telling me all would be ok but you still worry. I think mum and dad would be well pleased in how the money has helped us achieve our dream.
Well, our house has now been valued and is on the market. Our first viewer is coming tomorrow. Fingers crossed but musn't raise hopes too soon.
We have decluttered the house, Allan reckons that because he has been over the bailing plant so many times the workers there will be inviting him to the works do's. lol.
Have got quotes for shipping and made enquiries for Sam (white westie) to be flown out with us.
We are very grateful to all forum members who have helped with our questions and queries. I dare say that we will still have many more questions.
Thats it for now, sorry if I have rambled on a bit. Will keep you all posted.
Thankyou for reading
Jacqui

Arrow
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
Jacs

The person who was to be viewing at 5 o clock yesterday called estate agent at quarter to five to put off viewing until Friday. Very appologetic but something had cropped up.
Hey ho, the wait continues. Advert in property post yesterday so may get more people interested.
Very stressed at the moment as there is so much to do but can't start until house sold. I have lists upon lists.
Keep you posted.
Jacqui
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Jacs

Still waiting for buyer for our house. We have only had 3 viewings. One made an offer which we rejected as far too low. Seems to be still interested so may be able to negotiate on stamp duty payment. Hope it won't be too long before we can move. I so wish I were in Cyprus.

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:10 pm Reply with quote
caligi
Pictures: 0

Its nearly April & spring when more people will look to buy..
Fingers crossed for you.
Where are you in Swansea?
We lived in Morriston before moving here & I worked in Personnel at Singleton Hospital...
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quote
Jacs

Just come back from sunny Cyprus. Allan had to drag me kicking and screaming to the airport as I didn't want to come back to UK. We have a buyer at last, only thing is he has to sell his house first. Very frustrating. Thats it for now, hope to post the really good news soon.
Jacqui

Post: #6   PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Jacs

House been on the market for a year now and still waiting for a buyer. Just our luck to put it on the market when everything in the UK went pear shaped. Having said that this past year has flown by, so hopefully things will start to pick up if the banks etc start giving mortgages again.
Jacs

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Moving Diaries