Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » memories Goto page 1, 2  Next
memories 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:02 am Reply with quote
matty
Pictures: 0

Did anyone live in Dhekelia in 1976? Old man was stationed there and we lived at 2 mons road. Im 41 now so would have been 9 then. The cinema opposite cessac was open then but is now a guard room i believe! Food was great at cessac then too!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:01 am Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 8

Hi Matty,

I lived in Gaza Crescent 1976-78
Food is still great at the Fish & Chip shop by CESSAC

Re: memories 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

matty wrote:
The cinema opposite cessac was open then but is now a guard room i believe!

I think not: Key Cinema screenings, 1st - 20th February 2009 Now in its 51st year of operation.

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quote
matty

Thanks Roberto, although i dont remember where Gaza crescent is can you tell me where it was in location to the NAAFI compliex ?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Matty,

Gaza Crescent is the road that went through the Naafi complex/car park.

Post: #6   PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:51 pm Reply with quote
modachi

I lived next door to Bob & Lyn Beer at Gaza Crescent from 1977 - 1980.
Where you still there then?
What is your dad's name?

Regards Noreen

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Charnwood Fox
Pictures: 34

I spent a few holidays on Normandy Road.
I remember getting a rollocking once for riding a bike without a shirt. Not the done thing, apparently.

Boy, that hill was a b'stard to ride up!

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.
Qui docet discit.
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #8   PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:41 am Reply with quote
matty

hi noreen, we were there until 78' , my dads name is Latham (brian and diane). We lived next door to a couple called Ray and Anita Dudding!

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:47 am Reply with quote
matty

thanx mark , i remember that hill very well, i used to ride up and down it on my way to school! I remember walking up there inthe dark on my way home after watching the film TENTACLES , all you could hear was the sea and my brother and i truly shat ourselves as we were only 10 and 12!

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote
modachi

Hi Matty - I knew your mum and dad very well - we had quite a few social nights out with them - in fact your dad and my husband Dennis were in the same troop together at Ay Nik camp (9 Sigs).
I also know Anita and Ray Dudding - I still keep in contact with Anita - she lives in Kiddiminister in Worcs.
Say hi to your mum and dad from me.
Noreen.

Post: #11   PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Matty, give your dad my regards.
Tell him I was the draughtsman.
I was in the same troop too.

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:32 am Reply with quote
matty

Thanx noreen and u roberto, unfortunately my dad died of cancer in 2001 but im sure he would remember you fondly! I will pass on this info to my mother and see if she can recall some good memories. WISH I WAS STILL THERE!!!!!

Post: #13   PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote
matty

Sorry noreen and roberto, can u give me your surnames please, might make it easier for mother to recall! thanx.

Post: #14   PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Matty,

Sorry to hear about your dad, please accept my condolences.
My surname is Beer.

Post: #15   PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:37 pm Reply with quote
modachi

Matty, I too am so sorry to hear about your dad - please accept my sympathy from Dennis and I. Give you mum our best wishes. Our surname is Southwick.
Am I correct in saying you have a sister - I think her name is Julie?
Where are you now - are you back in Cyprus at the moment?

Kind regards Noreen

Join Us Today! Register for Free or Login

Post: #16   PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:52 pm Reply with quote
Bobbeer
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Noreen,

If I remember rightly he also has a cousin named Joanne.

Post: #17   PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:26 am Reply with quote
matty

Noreen, yes i do have a sister called julie and a brother called mark, unfortunately i live in Banbury now and have a son who is 21 and at uni studying law , plus a daughter who is 9 tomorrow! we have holidayed in cyprus quite alot - in fact my brother and i were out there last may and in my opinion they seem to ruin it year by year!! All the bondu is gone , like they have flattened it and you cant move for building sites. Anyway thats my gripe out of the way. Thankyou for your thoughts on dad and mum says hi to you both !!

Post: #18   PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:30 am Reply with quote
matty

Roberto, i have a famous cousin called joanne, she is the page three model joanne latham from the seventies and eighties!!! still looks good now too!

Post: #19   PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quote
modachi

Hi Matty
Good to hear from you again - and best wishes to your mum - I have lots of photos of your mum and dad from various functions we went to, or chilled out at the beach etc.
I remember the day your dad bought the newspaper and opened it to discover your cousin Joanne on Page 3 !!
Noreen

Post: #20   PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:13 am Reply with quote
matty

Hi noreen, i bet those photos are worth a look!! Was it victor beach you all went to cos i remember going there with sam and frank jory and a few others which quite possibly could have been you? Do you recall the moment my mother drove the car through the fence and onto the beach? (trying to teach my sister to drive and probably had a few glasses of st pantalemon!!!)
memories 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area