Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools » schools in paralimni
schools in paralimni 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:32 am Reply with quote
laurah
Pictures: 0

I am moving over to paralimni with my hubby.....My father in law is the priest in Paralimni at the church on the main road going down to the beach (sorry i do not know name). He wants our children to attend the school near the church,on the main road going back towards the town. He said it is called Demotikon,but im not sure that is the correct name.
They will becoming up to 6. I have tried to find info on this school but i cant find anything...Has any one had experience with the school,or do your children go there,as i would like some info before i apply.
Thank you so much for your time on this.
Laura. Laughing
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Jewels
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi Welcome on - board.

I believe that the school your children can attend is dependent on the catchment area, which relates to where you live.

HTH

Julie
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Re: schools in paralimni 
Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:30 pm Reply with quote
don
Membership Closed

Its called Ayia Vavvara ( St Barbara) hope I spelt it right

My old woman attend the church every week and thinks your

farther in law is the best priest ever.

Don

laurah wrote:
I am moving over to paralimni with my hubby.....My father in law is the priest in Paralimni at the church on the main road going down to the beach (sorry i do not know name). He wants our children to attend the school near the church,on the main road going back towards the town. He said it is called Demotikon,but im not sure that is the correct name.
They will becoming up to 6. I have tried to find info on this school but i cant find anything...Has any one had experience with the school,or do your children go there,as i would like some info before i apply.
Thank you so much for your time on this.
Laura. Laughing

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote
laurah

yes that is the church....yes my father in law is a very sweet man. We will be living with them initially which is behind the church, and then renting somewhere else..
So the school would be our local school,so any info on it please???

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:03 pm Reply with quote
marion
Pictures: 4

Hi Laura

I believe that is the 2nd Elementary School which is no. 65 in grid ref. H8 on my
Links only visible to Registered Members
Register for Free or Login to the forum.

Also known as 'B' Paralimni Primary School

There's a little more about schools on the

website

HTH, Marion

Post: #6   PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
laurah

thank you so much for that. Laughing

Post: #7   PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Rainbow

Hi my daughter attends 'B' Paralimni Primary School she is 9 and my son will be going there in September. I find it a very good school, but as Jewels mentioned it does depend on your catchment area. When my daughter started ther it was my catchment but when i went to register my son they said we were no longer in that catchment but as my daughter was there he could too.

Post: #8   PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:01 pm Reply with quote
laurah

Thank you for your reply. Being in the Uk,it is very hard to know about schools in Cyprus. I have only just settled my twins in school here as they are in reception year. My hubby is going out next week to talk to some employers as he is a plumber and tiler and needs to work. My father in law is the priest of the school so i should have no probs in getting them into the school,his job does work in my favor!
Is the school actually called B school? Do they have a website?
Thank you once agin for your help. Surprised

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Deakie

It is called B' Paralimni Primary School.

Can't find a website for the school, but the Municipality website does have a page of info on it! Not the most helpful info, mainly telling you about the way the skylights are built and the aircon, but it's all information!

Hope that helps.

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools