Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area » Sakura------Japanese Restaurant
Sakura------Japanese Restaurant 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Christo
Pictures: 0

Just thought I would write a small review on the above Restaurant.

It is situated opposite the Golden Bay Hotel on the Dhekelia Road Larnaca.

If you want a cheap meal, don't go here, but if you want something a little different, its a must. The food is to die for and very well presented. The Sushi is recommended.

Depending on what you order, the food is prepared right in front of you on a huge hotplate. The Chefs are very entrtaining, yes entertaining. Whilst cooking, they juggle with the condiment pots the cooking utensils, the plates, its amazing to watch, and as I said, very entertaining and different.

The only downside in my opinion, was the fact that there wasn't a Japanese person to be seen. The Chefs were Philipino, the owners Russian, but it didn't take too much away from our enjoyment. Again, its not particularly cheap, I suppose with a bottle of wine in would cost about 30Euros per. head......not too expensive, but not as cheap as a Kebab, and how many of those can you eat? As a special treat now and again its an experience.

Chris

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:13 am Reply with quote
salopman
Pictures: 8

They have these in Birmingham - I went to one and was thoroughly entertained,they even threw eggs in the air and invited customers to have a go,some ended up where they shouldt have done lol,but a good night out and a lot more than 30 euros - I think they call them Tepanaki ??
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:38 am Reply with quote
Christo
Pictures: 0

salopman,
they did the "egg thing" when they were making the Egg fried rice, the chef threw the egg up in the air and caught it in his hat....without breaking it!!

Tepan Beef is very very nice.

Chris

Post: #4   PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:26 am Reply with quote
May Wallace
Pictures: 9

The best two Japanese restraunts are in Ayia Napa.

They cook in front of you and the chef does all different kind of tricks.

Fab night out.

May Wink
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #5   PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote
eddiewizz
Pictures: 1

Christo wrote:
salopman,
they did the "egg thing" when they were making the Egg fried rice, the chef threw the egg up in the air and caught it in his hat....without breaking it!!

Tepan Beef is very very nice.

Chris

Hi Chris, I tried this place about 4 months ago agree with you food was excellent albeit a little pricey but as a treat well worth it I,d say

Eddie
Sakura------Japanese Restaurant 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Restaurants / Bars & Clubs in the Larnaca Area