Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools » xylofagou school
xylofagou school 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:30 am Reply with quote
shrek2210
Pictures: 0

hi there
i am over in cyprus at the moment viewing properties to move my family over in september.i have found a villa i am considering in xylofagou?.can anyone tell me anyrthing about the primary school,i have drove past it and it looks lovely.any advice on the school and the village would be very helpful.
many thanks
terry
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quote
karmic

How old is your child/ children?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
Post: #3   PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quote
shrek2210

hi
my daughter is six in august and my son is 20 months

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:26 am Reply with quote
mustang

There are 2 primary schools in Xylofagou.

I am sure you have read the various threads on educating your child in the state schools here and the various problems they may encounter.

Having had experience of this during the last year, we have had no option but to send our child to an english speaking school.

It was heartbreaking to see our child so very unhappy and so bored. The teacher at school had a class of 22 cypriot children and they were always going to be her priority.

If you child speaks greek you will have no problem but just be aware it is not a simple transition and is nothing like english schools.

I also had the problem of having to read the school notes that came home as they were in greek, and was therefore not always aware of what was going on in school.

Good luck with your move here and I hope it all works out well for you.

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:51 am Reply with quote
shrek2210

that a shame about your daughter not being able to settle. this is my daughter 4th week at the school in xylafagou and she has settled great. she is managing to keep up with all the other children and her teacher gives her homework sheets home in english which is a great help.

all the teachers speak english some of them not very great but they do their best.

thanks anyway

Post: #6   PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:14 pm Reply with quote
rosemar

Hi Terry just wondered did you move to Xfagou in September was just wondering whether your little girl settled at school.We,re movin over shortly and don,t quite know where to send my 9yr old daughter for the best?
xylafagou school 
Post: #7   PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:17 am Reply with quote
shrek2210

hi rosemar
yes my daughter has settled great.the first couple of weeks were a bit hard for her but then she has relly started to enjoy it.the school is great.we also have an excellant greek tutor she goes to once a week.i think that has also really helped.hope your move goes fine.
xylofagou school 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Schools