Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Short measures on Meds at Paralimni Hosp.
Short measures on Meds at Paralimni Hosp. 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
Tina Torment
Pictures: 0

Just been given 4 tablets short of my repeat meds at Paralimni. Got in the car and decided to just check that the 60 tablets prescribed were the actual amount received as on occasions past (not always) I've suspected that I'm a few tablets short. Sure enough, instead of the 60 tablets prescribed, I've been given a box containing 56 capsules.

Now then, this might not seem much short but as all my other repeat meds are for 60 tablets and I've been given that amount, it means that I have to visit the docs 4 days early for a repeat when I hate going in the first place. And....just try getting your meds a couple of weeks early. I once got wrong off the lady pharmacist for going to get my meds 2 weeks early and she refused to give them to me!

Today, returning to the counter I was told that seeing as there is only 56 tablets in the box, they only give out the box and no extra 4 tablets. Wrong....as my other boxes also contain 56 tablets and the shortfall is made up with a 4 tablet cutting from some other box. Pointed this out and because we wouldn't budge, 3 capsules were given to us so I'm still a tablet short lol! Obviously, the pharmacists think they have the authority to overrule the doctor's decision.....erm....I don't think so and neither will the doc!

Anyway, surely the pharmacists books mustn't tally at the year end so how do they explain this fact given the quantity of meds passing over their counter........and.....shouldn't drugs etc. be stringently controlled and accounted for???? Rolling Eyes

So, do count the amount the doc has prescribed is the amount your given and DON'T be fobbed off!!!!
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Andrew Brooks

What are you on Tina ...................................... happy pills ? Laughing
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Tina Torment

Obviously not with my ranting. Embarassed

I am almost phobic about queues and worse, queue jumpers. Hence my pet hate is visiting the bl**dy hospital due to the queues which equals......QUEUE JUMPERS...agghhhhhh! Those old grannies are professional queue jumpers.....

(mutter, mutter, mutter and lots of head shaking)

Post: #4   PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Milschoice04

Hiya Tina,

Just read your post and it got me thinking...... and I will confess to having had a rant myself about my recent prescription issued at the hospital last week......

I was prescribed a course of antibiotics and painkillers last week by the dentist at Paralimni Hospital, and from past experience, a course of antibiotics is usually for a period of 10 days.

On this occasion however both the antibiotics and painkillers were only just sufficient for 7 days.... of course it didn't click that the number of tablets were not the usual 10 days supply until I got to the end of the course and the infection had still not gone away ...
This was a great inconvenience because (rightfully so) my private dentist refused to treat the culprit tooth until the infection cleared up - which meant that he then had to issue me with another prescription for antibiotics for a further 3 days.....

Your posting does make me wonder though what quantity of pills my original prescription of antibiotics were for..... additionally, the pills issued at the hospital were in loose strips rather than the usual "box packs".....

Apart from the inconvenience of the unnecessary trips to/from my dentist and the hospital, it does make one wonder as you so rightly point out, what measures are in place for an audit to tally stock of medicine passing over the hospital counter.......

Regards,
Mils

Post: #5   PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Kwacka
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Pictures: 3

Milschoice04 wrote:
Hiya Tina,

Just read your post and it got me thinking...... and I will confess to having had a rant myself about my recent prescription issued at the hospital last week......

I was prescribed a course of antibiotics and painkillers last week by the dentist at Paralimni Hospital, and from past experience, a course of antibiotics is usually for a period of 10 days.

Antibiotics are usually given for a 7 OR 10 day course; dependent upon doctor/illness/patent.

We have been 'short-changed' too, the reason given was that we got our prescriptions a couple of days too early - "you should have some left from your last prescription".

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quote
Deanna
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

Referring to queue-jumpers: it's not just the old YiaYias (grannies) who do it..................
After waiting for over 2 hours I was sitting in with the Dr when the door opened and this guy walked in, two 'blue books' in hand; walked around the back of my chair and sat himself down opposite the Dr and pushed the books across the desk.........
The Dr said to me 'Excuse me please for one minute' then proceeded to write prescriptions for his whole family!!!
On my next visit when I eventually got inside the door I drew the bolt and said to the Dr "This is my time, and I don't want to be interrupted".
The Dr just nodded in understanding!

Post: #7   PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:42 am Reply with quote
Tina Torment

Deanna, you barracked the doctor in!!! Shocked Well done you as I know exactly what you mean. Doesn't it just drive you mad at the constant interruptions by people giving one knock and opening the door (could be highly embarrassing too!)

Anyway, how is the psychiatric unit these days lol!

Milly, hope that infection has cleared up for you now? You brave little bunny.
Short measures on Meds at Paralimni Hosp. 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines