Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Costs of having a baby at the Paralimni hospital?
Costs of having a baby at the Paralimni hospital? 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote
G A Decorators
Pictures: 0

Hi
I have just found out that I am pregnant and would like to find out if anyone knows what they charge for having a baby at the Paralimni hospital?
I don't have my yellow slip yet.
Thanks
Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #2   PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quote
neleh466

Congratulations Laughing

Post: #3   PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:29 pm Reply with quote
G A Decorators

thank you
Very Happy
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #4   PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:14 pm Reply with quote
michamiaw

HI Laughing
congratulations it s such a wonderful news!I had my daughter 10 months ago in larnaca hospital for free. I am not from uk but I am an eu citizen married to cypriot. it should be free of charge as well since you are an Eu citizen but better apply for the yellow slip so things will go smoother.I only had to pay 2 euros each time I had the antenatal visit but that s all.
Wish you lots of luck Smile

Post: #5   PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:20 am Reply with quote
G A Decorators

Thank you Very Happy
I'm sorting out my yellow slip and medical card now.
The hospital was was very helpful and I was very impressed on how clean and nice it all was.
I think I can go for my first check up on my E111 card until my medical card has been sorted out, so I am very happy

Post: #6   PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote
G A Decorators

A quick update...went for my first appointment today and it was fantastic,
I was charged 2 euros and thats all i have to pay now for each visit.
I had my check up and a scan and i'm due for my blood tests next week.
The staff were lovely and spoke in english to me so that i understood everything that was happening.
Very reasurring and I now feel a lot more relaxed about the whole thing
Very Happy

Post: #7   PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Farz

Oh thats great Smile im going on monday. So u can just go there on ur E111?
At the lito my next appointment is meant 2 be on the 9th (not going bk tho) and he wanted to do the downs sreening but this would make me only 10 weeks preg and in the U.K its carried out about the 17th week?
Did they say anything to you about the downs screening? And do u have 2 pay for the blood tests?
Plz reply, good luck, how far gone are u?

Post: #8   PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
G A Decorators

Hi Farz
Yep, you just take your E111 card in and they sort the rest out for you. Just be prepared for about an hours wait before being seen.
They just ask for 2 euros.
I'm going for all my bloods on Wednesday and they are going to take the blood for the down's test at the same time (so I only have to have one lot of blood taken).
I will be 9 weeks....4th bambino and my last Very Happy
I had to have a smear test done on my first appointment??? and then had a scan and they take all your medical and family history....very different to the way its done in the UK but feeling very relaxed about the whole thing.
Our babies will probably be in the same class at school Very Happy
Hoping for a girl as I have 3 boys but as long as its healthy its all good
The hospital is lovely.
Good luck

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #9   PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:50 am Reply with quote
Farz

Hey, well i went last tuesday. Had to wait an hour then saw the midwife who asked my a few questions n took my weight etc. Then i went in to saw see the doc and had a quick scan and heard the heartbeat Smile then they gave me loads of paper work and a prescription and told me to book an appointment in a month and book my blood test for next week...didnt say nothing about the downs? I felt like it was all very rushed and i was really confused...whens ur next appiontment?

Post: #10   PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:42 pm Reply with quote
G A Decorators

I had my bloods the other day and they took the blood for the downs test at the same time, so only had to give one lot of blood, which is good cos i hate needles (go for your bloods early, about 7:30am cos it gets really busy - when you take a ticket for your turn at the booking in desk, keep hold of it as you have to go to a different area to have your bloods done and the queing system is based on the ticket you have taken at the first desk)
I am booked in for the Larnaca hospital scan in just over 2 weeks time (you have to have your blood results to take with you to this) and then i'm back for an appointment at Paralimni in 3 weeks time.
I didnt pay anything for my bloods and they didnt even ask for my E111...did the doc give you a brown envelope as well as the coloured slips? (The brown envelope is for the downs test and you have to take this brown envelope to the courier company opposite Carrefour - think its called Axis Express - and they will deliver it free of charge to Limmassol hospital the same day for you.)
They are obviously happy with the way your baby is and have no cause for concern but if you are worried about anything I would ask the doc at your next appointment.
Good luck

Post: #11   PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Farz

Hey, yep im going tomorrow at 7.30 and i have the brown envelope (but didn't realize it was for the downs test, glad you said) I haven't got an appointment for the Larnaca hospital either?? I will ask when i go tomoz tho. Thank you good luck at your next appointment and keep me posted! x

Post: #12   PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:37 pm Reply with quote
G A Decorators

Update....Been to the Larnaca hospital today to find out the results of the down's test and everything appears fine.
So we are extremley happy about that apart from waiting for nearly an hour and a half to be seen Sad
Also found out that we are expecting another boy, due back for the 2nd big scan at Larnaca in the new year.
Hope everything went well for you too Farz
Very Happy

Post: #13   PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:13 am Reply with quote
ANNAMARIAF1979

Hi there,

I have just found out I'm pregnant and am looking for some advice. My partner and I moved to Cyprus from UK last October and stay in the Paralimni area.

Do I need to register with a doctor or do I just go to the hospital?
I have an E111 card but how do I get a medical card?

Any advice that you could give me would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance Very Happy
re having a baby 
Post: #14   PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote
cheshirelass

my daughter had a baby here in february and i must admit the care she received in the hospital was fantastic. she had a scan every time she went for a check up and when she reached her due date she had to go to the hospital every alternate day for monitoring until she went into labour. the only downside is that they don't have things like gas and air all they give is a pethadin injection if they feel it is necessary.

anyway good luck with your pregnancies - by the way don't buy much in the way of first size nappies because between the various different companies we ended up with 7 or 8 free packs plus shampoos and everything as well (saves a fortune)
Costs of having a baby at the Paralimni hospital? 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines