Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » Dermatologist - Paralimni
Dermatologist - Paralimni 
Post: #1   PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote
chubbycheeks
Pictures: 0

A couple of years ago I had several moles removed from my back.

Since moving to Cyprus the small freckles that appeared following their removal have grown quite pronounced to the point that hubby was quite concerned about their appearance. Unable to see them myself properly I took his concern very seriously.

A friend told me about Dr Anna Flouris who is at the Limni Medical Centre (next door to the Lito).

I went & saw her this morning. She thoroughly checked my back & a couple of other places where I have smaller moles & was able to assure me that they are all benign. Cost of consultation 30.

With the risks of skin cancer being hightened by our move to the sunshine it was such a relief to hear that I am OK.

I am going to have one of the moles removed in the autumn but it is more for cosmetic purposes than medical - which is why there is no rush. That procedure will cost 90.

I know I could have gone to the general hospital & been seen & treated for free (under our E106) but I was seen very quickly & the whole Lito/Limni Clinic atmosphere is more comfortable for me.

I thoroughly reccommend Dr Anna to anyone with Dermatolgical queries.

Ruth
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

dermatologist in P/limni 
Post: #2   PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:18 pm Reply with quote
RN3

This is useful. I have a few minor dermatological probs connected with sun and fair skin so need someone good to monitor things..
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #3   PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:42 pm Reply with quote
JudyH

Hi

Thanks for posting on this subject......I had a malignant melanoma removed just under 3 years ago, although still living in England will be Book Marking the Topic for future reference.

Despite all the Press on the subject of Skin Cancer people still think it is something that happens to other people........ wrong.....I NOW use Factor 45 Sunscreen minimum.........never lay in the sun between 9am to 5pm...wear a sun visor and still returned home with a nice glow.

I consider myself very lucky to have had the chance of surviving to enjoy the glorious Cyprus weather!!

Judy
Dermatologist - Paralimni 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines