Not A Member Yet? See All The Features Of The Forum By Clicking Here To Register For FREE! Or Members Login Below:

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Cyprus Eastern Forum Index
Offering Free Help, Advice, Tips & Support for those buying or living in:
Paralimni - Protaras - Pernera - Kapparis - Agia Napa - Larnaca - Oroklini - Pervolia - Kiti - Xylofagou
Vrysoulles - Frenaros - Dherynia - Sotira - Agia Thekla - Liopetri - Ormidia & surrounding areas...

Main Homepage Cyprus Eastern Forum Index Register Directory Memberlist Search

Ads By Forum Sponsors  

Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines » A & E - Paralimni Hospital Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post: #21   PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quote
Cardiff lad
Pictures: 7

You think its bad getting into shops etc in the UK. Try Cyprus, absolute nightmare. Most places haven't got ramps and if they have they are steep as hell. Most places have high steps and no room in aisles for wheelchairs.

Hide These Ads? Register for Free or Login

Post: #22   PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote
Lindy
Pictures: 0

Carol, so sorry to read of your accident. Hope you stay as cheerful as you sound. It's reassuring to see that you got such good treatment at Ammochostos Hospital. Oddly enough, I found myself there one day last week, unintentionally - I was lost! lol.

Hopefully I'll l catch up with you next time I'm over there. I arrived back in the UK on Sunday night, and didn't meet up with half of the people I'd hoped to.

Linda
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel

Post: #23   PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:50 am Reply with quote
Balconia

Jane - I have been told a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks if I don't need an op. and up to double that if I do. As I am supposed to be back in Kapparis mid July I am a little worried to say the least as I will not return whilst my foot is in plaster for the reasons Ian has described.

Lindy - thanks for your good wishes. It was a shame that I didn't meet you this time, hope to meet you in the future.

One thing that struck me about the hospital was how clean it was and that staff washed their hands before examining me - unfortunately the hospital staff in the U.K didn't seem as concerned with cleanliness and I had to ask one Doctor to wash his hands after examing one patient and then wanting to examine me- I would have thought this was common sense Rolling Eyes

Post: #24   PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:18 am Reply with quote
greeny

Oh no back in july you will be covered on insurance for flight costs i hope Confused Jane

Post: #25   PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Balconia

Fingers crossed that I receive good news on Friday.

Have now entered the pit of total boredom and not even the tennis or Big Brother can raise my spirits Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Please , please, let my spirits be lifted on Friday else I fear for my sanity Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Still awaiting a response from my developer - If only they had finished the complex as promised on many occasions I wouldn't be in the predicament I am now Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Hope to be back in the land of sunshine soon - fingers toes nay everything crossed Wink Laughing Laughing

Post: #26   PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote
winstanley59

Hi - I have had to attend the emergency dept. for a wee while last year with a kidney infection and I found the nurses fine but the doctor quite distant and cold and unfeeling.

But, they did get me some medicine and sent me home.

However, I had to take my friend Jean there to have a cut in her leg looked at, and the doctor was so rude to her that I spoke up and told him that his poor, dismissive, and uncaring attitude was totally unacceptable and intolerable - he pretended he could not understand me - but I assured him that he could!!!!!

One does find such people everywhere doesn't one?
Personal Photo Album View user's profile Send e-mail Cyprus News,Weather & Travel
A & E - Paralimni Hospital 
  Cyprus Eastern Forum Index » Doctors / Hospitals / Health & Medicines